- Improved Report Cards: Our kids karate curriculum is designed to teach children the importance of concentration. Improved concentration means that your child will learn more at school. Therefore, you can expect your child to receive better grades for both academics and attitude.
- Karate Builds Healthy Kids: Karate is a great work-out. Your child will breathe better, eat better and sleep better. Children who take Karate are slimmer, make better decisions about food, and in general, learn to take care of themselves.
- Respect: Kids in our program learn respect. You won’t find yourself repeating yourself over and over, or arguing with your child like most parents do. Kids learn to be respectful of their parents and teachers. You might even catch your child saying: Yes Ma’am or Yes Sir!
- Self Confidence: Kids who take Karate develop better self-confidence. They’re encouraged to take chances, to push themselves further than they thought possible. The success they experience through Karate teaches them that they can be successful at anything if they truly believe they can and are willing to work hard. Improved confidence leads to better grades, a better circle of friends, better performance in sports and extracurricular activities in general.
- Self-Defense: Karate teaches two forms of self-defense. One is physical, you will improve your strength, flexibility and overall health. The second form of self-defense Karate teaches is internal. Our students learn to spot danger and avoid dangerous people, places and activities. Karate can help you avoid the need for a physical confrontation.
American Martial Arts Academy prides itself on fun, structured classes taught by professionally trained instructors in a safe and positive environment. AMAA has been rated one of the top karate schools in the entire nation since 1994.